Aim of NCHIV
The Netherlands Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Epidemiology, Prevention and Treatment, NCHIV, is a scientifically-focussed meeting. The aim of the conference is to review and share knowledge on the current status and new developments in the understanding of HIV pathogenesis, epidemiology, prevention, and treatment. In addition, the conference aims to be a discussion platform for changes in the HIV epidemic in the Netherlands and to provide input for HIV public health and health care policy issues from a research perspective.
Who is it for?
NCHIV is intended for a wide audience, including biomedical scientists in HIV/AIDS, HIV treating physicians, pharmacologists, infectious disease epidemiologists, (medical) microbiologists and HIV nurses.
- Stichting HIV Monitoring
- RIVM-CIb (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Centre of Infectious Disease Control)
- Aidsfonds (The Dutch AIDS Fund)
- Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD)
- Academic Medical Centre – University of Amsterdam (AMC-UvA), Department of Global Health
- Nederlandse Vereniging van HIV Behandelaren (NVHB, Dutch Association of HIV-treating Physicians)
The Organising Committee members include
- Prof. Peter Reiss, Stichting HIV Monitoring; AIGHD; AMC-UvA, Department of Global Health
- Dr Catherine Hankins, AIGHD
- Prof. Suzanne Geerlings, AMC-UvA; NVHB
- Dr Marein de Jong, Aids Fonds
- Dr Birgit van Benthem, RIVM
NCHIV Conference Organisers
- Catriona Ester, Stichting HIV Monitoring
- Yunka de Waart, Stichting HIV Monitoring
For contact details, please click here.